Est. 1867, the Living Stones of the Church
To grow in the Faith; deepen personal knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Church and personal commitment to His Mission and His Church so as to restore His Kingdom among us.
Living a good Christian life (Phil 2:14-15; Eph. 4:23-24); active and conscious participation in the Liturgy, Bible Studies, Evangelization, Home Visitations, Hospitality, and Tithe Covenant with God and His Church.
RESUMPTION OF MASSES Archdiocese of Mobile
Guidelines For Masses At St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church
- No laity is to attend Mass if they feel sick.
- A general dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass remains in effect.
- Social spacing in church is required.
- Parishioners cannot sit with one another unless living in the same household.
- Communicants are to maintain social distancing when receiving communion.
- Communion will not be distributed or received with gloves.
- Congregation should maintain social distancing when departing the church at the end of Mass.
- Although people may wear mask and gloves to Mass, Communion will not be distributed or received with gloves.
Please remember that all parishes need your support to survive during this time. If you are financially able, please continue to tithe to your parishes and give to your special charities. You can also mail your tithe to our parish office at 2034 St. Stephens Road, Mobile, Al. 36617
Prayers for all, especially those who are facing illness complications and income loss during these difficult times.
FROM THE PASTOR'S DESK -------for the weekend of May 30 and 31, 2020
Hello Dear Friends,
First of all, let me wish you a spirit-filled Happy Pentecost. May the outpouring of the Holy Spirit fill us with divine Wisdom, knowledge, and good health as we are still reeling under the pandemic effects. Let his Holy Spirit fill us with grace to be united in spirit, in mind, to care and show our solidarity with one another in our fight against the pandemic.
Today our Holy Mother the Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Pentecost, a day the turned the disciples' world upside down, a day that bolstered their shattered faith and hope. As Jesus promised, Jesus did not abandon his apostles, even when departing from this world to return to his Father in heaven. Ten days later, at Pentecost, one of his most significant promises--the promise to send the Holy Spirit in abundance on them--was extraordinarily realized.
After Pentecost the apostles were never again the same. The outpouring of the Holy Spirit impacted dramatically on their convictions and on their enthusiasm to carry out Jesus' wishes and mission.
Let's also be filled with the Holy Spirit to continue our mission. As we prepare to participate in the Holy Eucharistic celebration, let's all say,
"Come, Holy Spirit",
live in me and in all of us
As you lived in Mary and the apostles.
---------------Father Justin Isaac, H.G.N.
Important upcoming dates
1. A second collection will be taken up for World Day of Social Communications.
2. Next Sunday (June 7, 2020) our Holy Mother Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity.
3. As summer begins, we have changed the time for weekday Masses: Wednesday and Friday Masses will be celebrated at 5 p.m. instead of 4 p.m. beginning on June 3rd, 2020 and forward.
4. There will be a first Friday Adoration and Mass will be celebrated on June 5th, 2020.
5. There will be a meeting with the Hospitality Committee and Hall Rental Coordinator on Wednesday June 3rd, 2020 at 6 p.m.
SATURDAY VIGIL....................4:00 P.M.
SUNDAY MASS........................9:30 A.M.
WEDNESDAY MASS...............4:00 P.M.
FRIDAY MASS...........................4:00 P.M.
Rosary 30 minutes prior to Mass times.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.